Monday, 4 January 2010

MA project - update

The project is coming together well - I've put together a rough budget, ideas about the spaces are starting to work and I've got confirmation from a curator that I've asked to work on the exhibition with me. Over the next few weeks my ideas and thought processes so far will be culminated in the creation of my MA portfolio, my proposals and essays for part 1 of my MA. One thing I'm hoping to have done by mid January is a completion of interviews and research into rural arts, Somerset arts and my project. I'm also planning on using the next month to put together my funding applications for the project so that once my MA part 1 is complete I can start working on setting my project up and managing it.

As I've been putting all of my gathered information together and continuing conversations with fellow professionals in the area of rural arts I started to think about the bigger picture and the business that I'm hoping to set up through my MA. By doing this MA not only have I know got a basic understanding of how to set up a company but I also have a better understanding about the aims for the organisation.

There is a state of unknown future of the arts in Somerset at the moment as the Arts Council South West have commissioned work to look into how the arts are delivered and how they might be brought together  to be more cohesive. As part of my research for my project and business I plan on getting to know this commission better so that I am successful.

I feel that my project is now at a stage where I have collected so many opinions, ideas and inspirations that I can now start putting everything together in order to make it work. The first four months of my MA have been really helpful for me and my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment