Monday 4 January 2010

Transferable spaces

Over the Christmas break I have been considering certain practicalities of my project. The main one being how to go about getting a space to use and what kind of space should I be looking to use. The space needs to be secure, accessible, have a supply of heating and electricity, be able to be moved from site to site, can be used to exhibit art in and is not a village hall, caravan, barn or shed. The things that I have been looking into include flat pack spaces that are mainly used as alternative conservatories, detached garages (very shed like), containers and the latest idea that a certain architect gave me, was portacabins.

I've also been thinking about ways in which future projects for the spaces could look at how artists work in communities of Somerset and in collaboration to decorate the outside of the spaces into pieces of public art.

No comments:

Post a Comment